Coach Jordan is back from competing at the 2017 Junior Worlds Weightlifting Championship in Tokyo!! He took 14th in the WORLD with a 277lb Snatch and a 352lb Clean and Jerk!! Incredible job Jordan! Amazing how far he has progressed in Weightlifting over the last couple years! Keep it up Jordan we are very proud of you!
CrossFit Ephata Golf Outing will be Sept 10th at 1pm Foxchase Golf Course. Cost is $75 which includes BBQ dinner. Text me (Tyler) to confirm your spot. 717-649-2051. If you have a foursome you want to be paired up with just let me know. Or we will find a group for you. Thanks!
Bonus FREE Weightlifting Clinic for CrossFit Ephrata Members this Friday June 30th at 8am. We will be going over technique for the Snatch and the Clean. Beginners to Veterans are welcome!! If you would like to work on or learn Olympic Weightlifting Technique definitely take advantage of this.
Since we have been doing a lot more running we wanted to give some advice on running technique. From my experience there seems to be two main techniques people coach. People who prefer a mid-foot strike or people who prefer a heel strike technique. There are many successful runners who use both techniques. Although the techniques sound a lot different I think they are actually more similar then different. Both tend to look at the other technique as more extreme then what they really are. Mid foot strikers tend to think of heel strikers as leaning back and landing on the back of the heel, while heel strikers tend to think of mid foot strikers as running on their toes. We recommend a mid foot strike, for some this will be more towards the front of the mid foot and for other it will be towards the back of the mid foot. We do not recommend an extreme either way- running on your toes or running on the back of your heels. You should focus on a slightly forward lean and letting your feet cycle under neath you with minimal noise. Your contact point should be around mid foot overall with soft cadence. Check out the video below-
Monday, June 26th
WU- 3 Rounds
5 Pause Goblet Squats
10 Walking Samson Lunges
10 Barbell Romanian Deadlifts
1A) Back Squat- 5 x 5 reps with 5 second Negative (Lowering) @ 70% of 3RM (from last week)
1B) Glute Ham Rollers- 5 x 10 reps (slow and controlled, hips high!)
Partner WOD- Split Reps anyway you want
3 Rounds (25 minute cap)
400 Meter Run (together)
40 Deadlifts (135/95)/(185/125)/(225/155)
40 Box Jumps or Step Ups (24/20)
* Make sure your deadlifts are smooth and pretty. Switch every 5-10 reps with your partner to maintain good form.
Flex- Couch Stretch x 2 mins per leg
Monday Olympic Weightlifting-
Jordan is back from Tokyo! He will have programming for you Monday night.
Tuesday, June 27th
WU- 3 Rounds
2 Wall Walks
5 Hollow/Arch Kipping Swings
7 Push Press or Push Jerks
Skill Work- EMOM x 12 minutes
A) Belly to Wall Handstand Hold or Plank
B) 5-10 Kipping Toes To Bar or Practice 5-10 Hollow/ Arch Swing
C) 25-50 Double Unders or Double Under attempts or Calories on Bike,Rower, or Ski (12/9)
5 Shoulder to Overhead (115/75)
10 Ring Rows
20 Bar Hops
5 Shoulder to Overhead (135/95)
10 Pull Ups
30 Bar Hops
5 Shoulder to Overhead (165/115)
10 C2B Pull Ups
30 Double Unders
Flex- Puppy Dog x 2 mins
Tuesday Strength WOD
1A) Strict Press- 10,8,6,4
1B) Strict Chin Up- 4 x near max (if you can do more then 10 reps add weight)
2A) DB Snatch- 4 x 5 reps (ahap)
2B) Weighted Push Up or Regular Push Up- 4 x 10 reps
3A) Hammer Curls- 3 x 12 reps
3B) Dips- 3 x near max (Bench, Box, Equalizers, Rings)
3C) Core Rollouts- 3 x 12 reps
Wednesday, June 28th
Erin’s upcoming Nutrition Challenge info-
New 42 day challenge info–participants will eat clean for 42 days from July 1st to August 11th. This is to promote fueling our bodies for optimal performance in the gym to constantly improve our lives.
1. pick one partner to be on your team, so pick wisely. If you don’t have a partner, we will get you one.
2. Come get weighed, measured, and get a google hangout account at 10am on July 1st, the first day on the challenge.
3. You will send pictures of your clean meals three times a day to your partner and coach through the Google Hangout app. You are allowed two of those meals to be pictures of cheats. Out of 21 meals a week, 19 must be clean and without processed foods.
4. If you and your partner send all of your 21 meals (19 needing to be clean) for the week, your names will be put in for a weekly drawing of a prize.
5. This has 6 weeks so 6 prizes and the prizes go up in value as the weeks go on. The 6th prize will be a good one and the only way your team will be in for that running is if you sent all of your info for the first 5 weeks!
6. Final weigh-ins and measurements need to be done on August 12th at 10am.
7. I’m not completing set on the price, but it will be around $40 a person so that our prizes can be awesome.
8. I’ll have a sign-up sheet in the gym with this same info on it within the next day just so we have an idea of how many will be doing it and to get emails to make an email group.
Let me know if you are interested or have any issues!!!
WU- 3 Rounds
5 Push Up to Inchworm
10 Banded Cuban Presses
10 BB Good Mornings (focus on proper hip hinge and nice flat back or slightly arched position)
1A) Bench Press- 5 x 5 reps with 5 second Negative @ 70% of 3RM
1B) Bent Over DB Row- 5 x 10 reps (slow and controlled)
15 minute Amrap
30 Calories (Row, Bike, Ski)
40 Alternating DB Snatches (35/20)/(50/35)/(70/50)
Flex- Twisted Cross x 2 mins per side
Wednesday Olympic Lifting with Jordan
Wednesday June 28th
1a) snatch balance (then drop)/ snatch/ snatch balance (then rerack) 4 sets
2a) push press 4×6, 1×10
2c) Bent over DB row 5×12
3a) back squat 4×6
3b) hammer curls 4×15-20
3c) hollow hold or plank 4×45 sec
Thursday, June 29th
WU- 3 Rounds
5 Worlds Greatest Stretch per side
10 Pass Throughs
100ft Overhead Plate Walk (45/25)
Technique Work- 15 minutes
1A) Rowing- 15 Pulls (Smooth and strong pulls, focus on efficiency and proper form)
1B) Hollow Rocks- 10 slow and controlled rocks staying in tight hollow
1C) Wall Ball Shots- 10 Shots with perfect squat and front rack position.
Get in groups and rotate through the exercises not for time, but for quality of movement. Working on improving your efficiency in these movements. Smooth reps!
1 minute Stations x 3 Rounds
A) Wall Ball Shots (20/14)
B) Calories Rower
C) Hollow Rocks or Hollow Hold
D) Box Jumps or Step Ups
E) Rest 1 minute
* Score your lowest round, Keep your reps like smooth like you practiced!
Flex- Pigeon x 2 mins per side
Thursday Strength WOD
WU- Coaches Choice
1A) Front Squat- 5,4,3,2,1
1B) Hip Extensions- 5 x 10
2A) Back Rack Reverse Lunge- 4 x 8 each leg
2B) Russian KB Swing – 4 x 12 (ahap)
3A) Plate Sit Ups- 3 x 10
3B) Plate Russian Twist- 3 x 20
Friday, June 30th
Rest of WODS coming soon!
2017 06 25