Featured Athlete-Izzy Mack
Let’s give it up for this week’s featured athlete Isabelle Mack. Izzy is one of our youngest athletes who attend classes, and she clearly is dedicated to making gains and crushing workouts. Her dedication to her health and athleticism shows her incredible maturity and work ethic. Izzy is a strong young lady who is a role model and leader for teens like her. Thanks for continuing to grow with us, Izzy!!!
- How long have you been a member at CrossFit Ephrata?
A little over a year
- What class time(s) do you typically come to the gym?
4pm or 6pm
- Why do you workout?
Working out makes me a much happier and healthier person, and I want to continue to be that way.
- What are your favorite things about CrossFit?
The workouts are always different and I get a great workout every time.
- What are your favorite movements or WODs?
Power cleans and Bench Press
- Least favorite movement or WODs?
Thrusters, push/strict press
- If you were given $100,000 and you were only allowed to spend it on yourself, how would you spend the money?
I would travel and go to many exotic places.
- What are some of your proudest accomplishments the gym?
PRing in Bench Press!!!
- What are some of your proudest accomplishments out of the gym?
Ending Honors Algebra 2 with an A!
- What are your favorite things to do or learn outside of the gym?
Play basketball and I like math
- What do you do for a living?
Freshman at Cocalico High School!!!
- What is something interesting about you that your gym friends would not know?
I aspire to one day be a neurologist
- What is your favorite cheat meal?
- What is your favorite healthy meal?
Chicken Caesar or Greek Salad
- What piece of advice would you give your 15-year-old self?
I’m currently 15!! “You are doing great-keep doing everything you’re doing!”
- If you could program the perfect WOD, what would it be?
4 rounds-10 power cleans, 20 abmat sit-ups
- Leave us with a quote, joke, or inspirational message for the members at CrossFit.
“Don’t give up on something that you’re striving for and trying to achieve: It’s tough on the way but during it and after you accomplish it, you’ll feel great about yourself.”
2018 05 14