Featured Athlete–Lorie Goodman
For this week, we have the honor of showcasing the one and only Lorie Goodman. She is the rock of her family and exudes love and generosity in every environment she is in. She’s a woman who will support you endlessly and definitely a person you want in your corner. In addition to being a fantastic mother, friend, sister, wife, and aunt, she is a true beast in the gym. She doesn’t give herself enough credit, but she is a wonder woman in all of our eyes. Lorie, you are appreciated and loved, and we are so blessed by your friendship and presence in CFE.
- How long have you been a member at CrossFit Ephrata?
- What class time(s) do you typically come to the gym?
9:00 a.m. ( some would argue and say 9:06)
- Why do you workout?
To stay healthy and have some control of my weight.
- What are your favorite things about CrossFit? My absolute favorite thing is that my WHOLE family does it and even though it is not at the same time it is something we have in common and share with each other (except for my oldest son who lives in Calif and states the outdoors is his gym).
- What are your favorite movements or WODs?
Every minute on the minute workouts.
- Least favorite movement or WODs?
- If you were given $100,000 and you were only allowed to spend it on yourself, how would you spend the money?
I would add on in-law quarters to our house so my Mom could live with me one day.
- What are some of your proudest accomplishments the gym? Chest to bars
9. What are some of your proudest accomplishments out of the gym?
Being married almost 32 years to my childhood sweetheart and the family we have built together (which is the foundation to any other accomplishment I would add from here really)
- What are your favorite things to do or learn outside of the gym? Horseback riding and on a perfect day with my sister or a friend.
- What do you do for a living? Medical transcriptionist.
- What is something interesting about you that your gym friends would not know?
I played the violin for 9 years.
- What is your favorite cheat meal?
A grilled sandwich of some kind with french-fries and dessert.
- What is your favorite healthy meal?
Anything someone else is willing to make and I do not have to think about.
- What piece of advice would you give your 15-year-old self? Your “uncool” Mom is probably the coolest person you will EVER meet because your definition of cool will CHANGE.
- If you could program the perfect WOD, what would it be? Do not know there is a perfect one but anything with Marcia as my partner can be FUN.
- Leave us with a quote, joke, or inspirational message for the members at CrossFit. “One small act of kindness can grow to impact many lives.”
2018 04 16